The Great Lakes Alpaca Association (GLAA) represents alpaca owners and breeders in 5 states in the Great Lakes region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin). With over 50 members, GLAA is one of the largest AOA affiliates in the nation. GLAA members offer the nation's largest collection of huacaya and suri alpacas. Our herds represent some of the finest bloodlines in North America.
The primary goals of GLAA are to promote public awareness of, and interest in, alpacas and their fiber and related business interests. We're also committed to providing marketing and educational resources to our members to help them succeed and grow as alpaca breeders.
If you're interested in alpacas, or in becoming involved in raising them or working with their fiber, GLAA and its member farms can provide you with information, resources, and a community of like-minded people to work with.
GLAA membership is $50 per year and gives you the opportunity to benefit from our member services and participate in shaping the growing alpaca industry in the Great Lakes region and the United States.
We offer our members:
- a farm listing on the GLAA website
- access to inquiries in your area generated by the website
- access to sponsorship funds for farm events
- the opportunity to participate in alpaca-related events
- the opportunity to vote in GLAA elections (one vote per membership)
- access to educational and marketing materials produced by our committees
- membership in a community of other alpaca owners, breeders and lovers
In addition, GLAA helps to sponsor many fine regional alpaca shows and events, including:
- Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest West Bend WI in April
We conduct or co-sponsor ongoing education and marketing activities to benefit
our members and are committed to providing our members with up-to-date
information and news about the alpaca industry. We also act as a liaison to the
national alpaca organization (AOA) so that our members can have a voice there
as well. In all ways, we want to be partners in your success.
If you're interested in joining GLAA, fill out a member application today! GLAA welcomes members from both inside and outside of the Great Lakes region.